Each semester the Data Science Initiative awards a limited number of assistantships to support students enrolled in the DSBA and Health Informatics programs. Only students enrolled in a DSI graduate program are eligible to apply for DSI funded assistantships. Graduate teaching assistants are assigned to one or more faculty members to support specific classes or research projects.
- Full-time assistantships require 20 hours per week
- Awards are for one semester but may be extended at the discretion of the program
- Assistantships do not come with a tuition remission
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Students funded through the DSI program may enroll in a maximum of 9 credit hours while holding a full-time appointment (20 hours)
- In-state, out-of-state and international students are eligible to apply
- Current and newly admitted students are eligible to apply
- Enrolled in the DSBA or Health Informatics program
How and When to Apply
The application portal is open October 1st and March 1st and will stay open throughout the semester. The application is an online electronic form which allows applicants to highlight skills, note their preferences, and upload both a cover letter and resume. DSI students must submit an application through the portal in order to be eligible for these DSI funded assistantships.
Interested students should apply by completing the DSI Graduate Assistantship Application. Submitted applications will be reviewed and selected by the faculty. Students will be notified if additional information is needed or if they have been selected for a position.
Additional Funding Resources
The Graduate School offers information on graduate assistantships beyond the DSI, need and merit-based awards, and payment plans on their website.