MASTER'S DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
All applicants must meet the general Graduate School requirements for admission to Master’s Degree programs. In addition to the general requirements for admission to the Graduate School, the following are the minimum admissions requirements for the M.S. in Data Science and Business Analytics:
- Acceptable scores on the quantitative, verbal and writing sections of the GRE or GMAT (Applicants that have earned a terminal degree (Ph.D., JD, or MD) may ask for this requirement to be waived.)
Three letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
The Admissions Committee consists of program faculty who are responsible for reviewing, evaluating, and scoring the applications. The admissions scoring equation consists of five components: (1) GMAT/GRE scores, (2) undergraduate preparation including GPA, (3) letters of recommendation,(4) statement of purpose,(5) and relevant volunteer and professional experience.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
The Graduate Certificate in DSBA is a popular starting point for individuals interested in potentially continuing to the Master's Degree. Applicants for the Graduate Certificate are not required to submit letters of recommendation or GRE test scores. All credits earned in the Graduate Certificate can be applied to the requirements for the DSBA Master's degree. The program is open to all students with a bachelors degree in any quantitative, scientific, engineering or business discipline and either is enrolled in good standing in a graduate degree program at UNC Charlotte or completed their undergraduate degree with a minimum 2.75 GPA.
The admissions scoring equation consists of the following components: (1) undergraduate preparation including GPA, (2) statement of purpose, (3) and relevant volunteer and professional experience.
BOTH PROGRAMS REQUIRE:
- Earned undergraduate degree in any scientific, engineering or business discipline or a closely related field
- Statement of Purpose outlining the goals for pursuing a graduate education
- Minimum TOEFL score of 220 (computer-based), 557 (paper-based), or 83 (Internet-based) minimum IELTS band score of 6.5 is required from any applicant whose native language is not English
- Current working knowledge of one higher-level (procedural) language, and familiarity with computer applications.
- Minimal background in mathematics, including two semesters of calculus and one semester of statistics.
- Fall: March 1
- Spring: October 1
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit the online application and supporting materials early and by the priority deadline. Applications received after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis as space is available.
Additional information can be found under the Admission and Applications FAQs
Tuition and fees for the program are established by the UNC Board of Governors during the spring of the prior academic year.
The Health Informatics and Analytics Program incurs a tuition increment (surcharge) over and above basic graduate tuition. As such, be sure to select the Health Informatics and Analytics Program specific tuition and fee table listed under the College of Health and Human Services.
Current tuition and fees for resident and non-resident students enrolled in the Health Informatics and Analytics Program can be found at this link: Current Tuition and Fees.
ESTIMATED COST OF ATTENDANCE
Please note the Master's program typically expects completion of the internship during the summer between the first and second years. Please consider the tuition and fees associated with this course during the summer within your financial planning.
Please see the University Calculator Graduate Cost of Attendance
For additional information on tuition and fees, please visit the Student Accounts website.